Monday, November 10, 2014

Wooden 4 by 4 Presents


I was inspired by the wooden 4 by 4 presents that I saw over on Craft Critters and decided to give them a shot.  I love how rustic and simple they look.  Of course I love burlap so that is my favorite part! Here is the original post that inspired me!
I wish I had taken pictures while I had my hubby out cutting the wood but I forgot.  He just used a circular saw which really wasn't the ideal way to do this but it worked! We made cuts at 6 1/2 inches, 5 1/5 inches, and 4 1/2 inches.
These are the color paints I decided to use. I painted each block a different color.
 
 
 
 

I pained one coat and then waited for them to dry.  Then I took them out to the garage and sanded them down a bit.  Especially on the edges. 

 Next I brushed them down with a dark special walnut stain.  I let it sit for ten minutes and then wiped them clean.  Distressing the wood this way is my favorite!  It makes such a difference.   


After the blocks were finished I cut strips of burlap to tie on as ribbon.  Burlap is easy to cut because you can follow the strands and it stays even. 
Then I tied the burlap on top and they were finished!  I am very happy with the finished product!
 
 
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never thought about doing this before but they turned out great! A major plus is that I have access to tons of wood, paint, and stain. Thank you for sharing! :)

-Lara @ Methodical Living
http://methodicalliving.blogspot.com

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello cute lady! Super cute. Pinned and tweeted. We really appreciate you taking the time to stop by our party. It wouldn’t be a party without you. Please join us on Monday at 7 pm. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls