Monday, November 24, 2014

Burap Tree Skirt

 
I have seen so many burlap tree skirt but they all have ruffles and I was looking for something more simple.  When I saw this printed burlap at Hobby Lobby I knew that it was going to be perfect for a tree skirt!  The best part is that because I wanted it to look simple that means it was going to be very simple to make! Yay!
 

 
The first thing I did was fold it in half horizontally and then again vertically.  Then I measured from the inside corner a 24 inch radius and marked it with an invisible marker. Then I cut on that line through both layers of burlap.

Next I measured 4 inches and marked another line for the center hole and cut that as well.

Then I cut a straight line from the edge to the circle. 

Next I flipped it over and used Mod Podge on all the edges to make sure that it will not fray.  I let it dry for about an hour.
 
Love the simple and beautiful look!  Just what I wanted!




 
Perfect, just love the tree skirt, felt candy canes and felt stars!
Add some pinecones and a little gold and its my perfect rustic tree!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks great! And great idea with the mod podge on the edges. I'm thinking of trying this with some of the faux fur fabric maybe. I love how simple you kept it. Hope to see you back at Found & Foraged tonight!

Lou Lou Girls said...

Oh my! This looks incredible! Pinned and tweeted. We always love partying with you, I hope to see you Monday at 7 pm at our party. Happy Sunday! Lou Lou Girls